CBD traditionally has been used for thousands of years treating different types of pain, now the medical community have only recently begun to study it again.Here are some of the possible benefits of CBD oil:
CBD oil is popular for easing pain associated with arthritis. A study in the European Journal of Pain used an animal model to see if CBD could help people with arthritis manage their pain. Researchers applied a topical gel containing CBD to rats with arthritis for 4 days. Their researchers note a significant drop in inflammation and signs of pain, without additional side effects. People using CBD oil for arthritis may find relief from their pain.
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) is an autoimmune disease that affects the entire body through the nerves and brain.
- Muscle spasms are one of the most common symptoms of MS. These spasms can be so great they cause constant pain in some people.
- One report found that short-term use of CBD oil could reduce the levels of spasticity a person feels. The results are modest, but many people reported a reduction in symptoms. More studies on humans are needed to verify these results.
The same report studied CBD use for general chronic pain. Researchers compiled the results of multiple systematic reviews covering dozens of trials and studies. Their research concluded that there is substantial evidence that cannabis is an effective treatment for chronic pain in adults.
A separate study in the Journal of Experimental Medicine supports these results. This research suggests that using CBD can reduce pain and inflammation.
The researchers also found that subjects were not likely to build up a tolerance to the effects of CBD, so they would not need to increase their dose continually.They noted that cannabinoids, such as CBD, could offer helpful new treatments for people with chronic pain.
Other uses include
- smoking cessation and drug withdrawal
- treating seizures and epilepsy
- anxiety treatment
- reducing some of the effects of Alzheimer’s, as shown by initial research
- antipsychotic effects on people with schizophrenia
- future applications in combating acne, type 1 diabetes, and cancer
Although more research is required to confirm some uses of CBD oil, it is shaping up as a potentially promising and versatile treatment.